Happy National Watermelon Day! We are delighted to have teamed up with Fentimans Botanically Brewed Beverages Company* to bring you this wonderful Summer White Wine Spritzer recipe with a trendy new twist – frozen Watermelon ice cubes.
Ingredients for White Wine Spritzers:
- 3/4 glass of Premier Estates Wine California Chardonnay or Italian Chardonnay
- ¼ glass chilled Fentimans Sparkling Lime & Jasmine
- ¼ Watermelon
- 1 lime
How to make Frozen Watermelon ice cubes:
1. Cut out a large chuck of watermelon, then cut the piece of watermelon vertically and horizontally to form your cube shapes. Don’t worry if they’re not perfectly cubed
2. Lay out the baking sheet or flat tray that can fit into your freeze. Line it with parchment paper or wax paper and arrange the watermelon cubes on it. Make sure they are not touching or they will freeze together
3. Freeze the watermelon cubes for 2-3 hours or until completely frozen. Remove them from the freezer and place into a freezer bag. Now they are ready to use
How to make white wine spritzers:
1. Fill a wine glass halfway with super-chilled California Chardonnay
2. Splash a fabulous three-quarters full of Fentimans Sparkling Lime & Jasmine in your glass
3. Blend together while adding your watermelon ice cube. Slice some lime and add either in the glass or on the rim
* Fentimans is an incredible company with over 100 years experience brewing artisanal, natural botanical drinks. Their products include soft drinks, mixers, pre-mixed alcoholic drinks, and craft beer. We love their refreshing soft drinks and will be using them a lot more in our cocktail recipes, so stay tuned!
In the mean time, follow them on social media or visit their website to find out more about their ranges and where you can purchase their wares.