It's #WorldChocolateDay which gives us an excuse to marry our two greatest loves – wine and chocolate! Today, we are creating a sweet and incredibly moreish adult raspberry slushy, complete with freshly whipped chocolate cream. What could be better?! It's so so easy and a wonderful treat that can be drunk on its own or used to replace a dessert. Also, it has fruit in it so it must be healthy, right?
RASPBERRY GRANITA WITH CHOCOLATE CREAM
For the Raspberry Granita
- 1 cup Premier Estates Wine Californian Cabernet Sauvignon (or Premier Estates Wine Italian Shiraz)
- 1 cup frozen raspberries
- 1 cup ice
- Mint and extra raspberries for garnishing (optional)
For the Chocolate Cream
- ½ cup heavy double or whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- Get all your ingredients together, along with a blender
2. Add the raspberries and wine to the blender, and push the button
3. Once the mixture is nice and even, add the ice cubes and blend again. Put the mixture in the freezer whilst you are preparing the chocolate cream
4. For the chocolate cream, add all the ingredients to the blender, or use a hand-held electric whisk to mix everything together till thick and smooth
5. Take the raspberry mixture out of freezer and pour it into two glasses. Spoon the whipped chocolate cream onto the raspberry granita (don't worry if it sinks slightly as this just means you'll get more of the chocolate-raspberry flavours throughout the drink as opposed to just for the first few sips). Garnish with fresh mint leaves and raspberries.
6. Enjoy in the sun (whilst there is some)!