What’s better than chocolate? Wine-infused chocolate. Yes, you read that right. We’ve come up with a quick and easy chocolate & wine fondue recipe that will be sure to wow any dinner party guests you might have – or keep you company on a cold night in. The recipe also calls for only a little bit of wine to be cooked off, meaning you will have plenty left in the bottle to drink alongside it.
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 tsp instant coffee
- 12 oz plain chocolate chips
- 6 tbsp of Premier Estates Wine Italian Shiraz
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Whatever you would like to dip in it! Fruit, marshmallows, biscuits and teacakes all work wonderfully…but then, it’s chocolate and wine so anything goes!
1. Combine the cream and coffee granules in a saucepan and simmer until the coffee has dissolved
2. Add the chocolate chips and stir continuously until they have all melted
3. By now, your mouth will be watering, but try to remain calm. Add the wine and vanilla essence and stir to combine. Simmer for another few minutes whilst continuing to stir the pot
4. Pour the chocolate & wine mixture into a bowl and arrange our choice of dippers around it. Use fingers or forks to dip them in the fondue, pour yourself a glass of the remaining Italian Shiraz, and enjoy!